600W Lumatek Dimmable Digital Ballast
Lumatek digital ballasts are the most advanced lighting solution for modern horticulture. Small, compact, and completely silent these E-Ballasts are able to deliver more lumens while using less electricity than standard magnetic ballasts.
Unlike traditional ‘core and coil’ magnetic ballasts, the Lumatek ballasts are microprocessor-controlled and able to evaluate and compensate for the actual state of lamp degradation and voltage fluctuations in power supply from your local grid. This means that Lumateks are able to provide a precise controlled output voltage to the lamp ensuring optimum PAR levels are achieved.
The Lumatek Electronic Ballast provides a stable light output and has a fast start-up. It reaches full brightness in under one minute whereas magnetic ballasts take longer. The Lumatek Electronic Ballast is completely silent and produces less heat than standard ballasts.
This ballast can light both HPS and MH lamps.
- “Dimmable” with SUPER LUMENS SWITCH!
- Dual voltage – 120/ 240 volt
- Completely silent (no humming – no vibration)
- Small compact design – under 16 lbs.
- No moving parts – produces less heat
- Soft start technology – lamps last three times as long
- Water resistant – sealed from the inside
- Fast start up – reaches full brightness in under a minute
- No fans – ensures reliability
- Fully interchangeable – ignites both HPS and MH bulbs
- Cut-off circuitry automatically shuts off in case of a short
- Rubber feet for underside air circulation
The 600W ballast can be adjusted to 400W, 400W with Super Lumen, 600W and 600W with Super Lumens.
The manufacturer recommends only using specific lamps for specific settings – if you want to use the ballast at 400W then use a 400W lamp rather than turning down a 600W lamp, otherwise you will lose efficiency.